Variable-Area FlowmetersABB, Inc. acquired the successor to the old Fischer & Porter Company in the late-1990s and incorporated it into their Instrumentation Division. Many of the old Fischer & Porter Variable-Area flowmeters are still offered by ABB, including both glass- and metal-tube designs for a wide variety of flow rates and applications.
Glass tube flowmeters:
- 10A6100-series: available in 1/16", 5/32", 1/8" and 1/4" tube diameters and with scale lengths ranging from 1.5" to 10", these Purgemeters are designed for low flow applications.
- 10A4500-series: this mainstay of the product line has a 10" scale length and tube diameters ranging from 1/2" to 2" to cover a wide range of flow rates with a great degree of accuracy.
- 10A2235-series: cast bronze body for economy and great durability; available with tube diameters ranging from 1/4" to 2".
- 10B4000-series: a variation of the 10A4500-series design; this Bypass type flowmeter is used in conjunction with an orifice plate to accurately measure flow rates in large-diameter piping systems.
Metal tube flowmeters:
- 10A3200-series: used for higher pressure applications, this meter offers threaded connections in sizes ranging from 1/4" to 1".
- FAM54-series: heavy-duty flowmeter with flanged connections in sizes ranging from 1/2" to 4".
Obsolete Fischer & Porter flowmeter designs:F&P was in business for many decades, and over the years various meter series were superseded by newer designs. The list below includes some of these obsolete series, along with the current replacement options:
- 10A1700, 10A2700, 10A3000, 10A3500: replaced by the 10A4500-series
- 10A1227, 10A2227: replaced by the 10A3200-series
- 10A1300, 10A1450, 10A1460, 10A3130: replaced by the 10A6100-series
- 10A1152, 10A5000, 10A5400, AM54: replaced by the FAM54-series
- 10B1700,10B3000, 10B3500: replaced by the 10B4000-series
Other ABB and Fischer & Porter products:
In addition to the Variable-Area Flowmeters listed above, ABB Instrumentation also offers other types of flow measurement devices. Fluid Process Control Corporation is not authorized to handle any of the ABB Magnetic, Vortex, Mass or Swirl-type flowmeters or any of the other products offered by ABB Instrumentation. For any ABB or Fischer & Porter products that are outside of the Variable-Area product line, you will need to contact ABB Instrumentation directly at PH: (215) 674-6000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.